- This website is owned and operated by Shop Dixi Ltd. Our company information is at the end of this document.
- Please read these terms and conditions carefully. They replace any previous versions. Please print or save these terms for future use as we cannot guarantee that they will remain accessible on our website in future. They are available in English only.
- These terms and conditions are a contract between you and us covering use of our website. The sale of goods via our website is subject to separate terms and conditions.
- Where we refer to “Consumer” below we mean an individual acting for purposes which are wholly or mainly outside that person’s trade, business, craft or profession.
Changing these terms and conditions
- We may change these terms and conditions by posting the revised version on our website at any time. Please check our website from time to time. You will be bound by the revised agreement if you continue to use our website following the effective date shown.
Things you can’t do on our site
- You agree not to do any of the following in connection with our website:
- break the law or infringe anyone else’s rights;
- victimise or harass other people;
- use offensive, obscene, abusive or other inappropriate language;
- deceive or mislead anyone;
- provide any information that includes someone else’s personal information unless that person is 18 years or over and you have obtained their written consent or you are their parent/guardian;
- impersonate anyone;
- link to unlawful or otherwise inappropriate content;
- use the website with a view to competing with us or infringing our rights;
- disrupt our website, e.g spam, viruses or phishing;
- interfere with or damage our website or gain unauthorised access to any part of our system, data, passwords or otherwise;
- intercept or modify communications;
- impose an unreasonable load on our website;
- get around any security or other features including those designed to stop copying of content; or
- attempt, encourage or assist any of the above.
- You agree not to do any of the following in connection with our website:
Content on our site
- If you post content, you are responsible for it. You promise you have (and will keep) all rights needed to enable us to use it in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- If you post a review, rating or comment you guarantee that you have no personal or business relationship with the entity, product or service being reviewed, that you have not been offered any incentive on behalf of the entity being reviewed to write the review, that you are not a competitor of the entity concerned and that the review is your independent, honest, genuine opinion.
- You acknowledge that any information published or sent on or via our site by other users is the sole responsibility of the person from whom such content originated and we are not responsible for it.
- We cannot guarantee that any general information or guidance that we may make available on our website is accurate or up to date. You rely on it at your own risk.
- We reserve the right without notice or refund to suspend, alter, remove or delete content or to disclose to the relevant authorities or to a complainant any content or behavior if it is the subject of complaint or where we have reason to believe that it breaches our terms and conditions, or that such steps are necessary to protect us or others, or that a criminal offence may have been committed, or if we are required to do so by law or appropriate authority.
Other peoples’ services / advertising / websites
- We may display other peoples’ services, advertising and /or links to other websites. We do not recommend or endorse, nor are we legally responsible for, any of these. You use them at your own risk.
- You agree that you are legally bound by the terms and conditions of any payment providers whose services you use on our site. We aren’t responsible for what they do or don’t do.
If you create an account on our site
- If we permit you to create an account on our website, this is for your personal use only. You must not allow anyone else to use your account. You agree to take reasonable care to keep your login information confidential and to tell us immediately of any apparent breach of security such as loss or misuse of a password. You are responsible for other people who use your account or identity (unless and to the extent that we are at fault).
- We are entitled at any time for any reason and with or without notice to close your account on our site and to delete all data contained in it.
Restrictions on our legal responsibility – very important
- Nothing in this agreement in any way limits or excludes our liability for negligence causing death or personal injury or for fraudulent misrepresentation or for anything which may not legally be excluded or limited. In this section, any reference to us includes our employees and agents, who have the right to enforce this agreement.
- We are not responsible for any loss or damage where:
- there is no breach of a legal duty owed to you by us;
- such loss or damage was not reasonably foreseeable (meaning it was not an obvious consequence of our breach or not contemplated by you and us at the time we entered into this contract);
- (and to the extent that) such loss or damage is your fault, for example by not complying with this agreement; or
- such loss or damage relates to a business.
- You will be responsible to us for any reasonably foreseeable loss or damage we suffer (including claims made by other people) resulting from your breach of this agreement.
Intellectual property rights
- The intellectual property rights in all material used on or in connection with our website are owned by us or our suppliers, partners or other users. For your personal use only, you may view such material on your device. You must not otherwise use such material including copying, publishing, selling or altering it or taking extracts from it without our specific prior written consent.
- Just to be clear - you must not collect, scrape, harvest, frame or deep-link to any information on our website without our specific prior written consent.
- If you publish any content on our site or provide us with any ideas or suggestions, you allow us at no cost, and perpetually, to use and adapt all or part of such material however we wish, both on our own website and also, for marketing purposes, on other channels including different websites, social media and emails.
If our website doesn’t work properly
- We do not guarantee that our website will be uninterrupted or error-free and we are not responsible for any losses arising from such errors or interruptions. We are entitled, without notice and without liability (a) to suspend the website for repair, maintenance, improvement or other technical reason and (b) to make changes to our website.
Things we can’t control
- We are not liable for failure to perform or delay in performing any obligation under this agreement if the failure or delay is caused by any circumstances beyond our reasonable control including third party telecommunication failures and epidemics/pandemics.
English law and courts
- These terms and conditions are covered by English law and any disputes will be decided only by the courts of the United Kingdom. If you are a Consumer, you will benefit from any mandatory provisions of the law of the country in which you are resident. Nothing in these terms and conditions affects your rights as a Consumer to rely on such mandatory provisions of local law.
General but important stuff
- We may send all notices under this agreement by email to the most recent email address you have given us. You can send notices to our email address shown below. Headings used in this agreement are for information and not binding. If any part of this agreement is ineffective or unenforceable for any reason, the rest of the agreement will still apply. If either of us overlooks any breach of this agreement by the other, it can still be actioned later. We may transfer this agreement to someone else but this will not affect your rights or obligations. A person who is not a party to this agreement can’t enforce it unless the agreement says otherwise.
- If you have any complaints, please contact us via the contact details shown below.
Our company information
- Company name: Shop Dixi Ltd
- Trading name: “Dixi”
- Country of incorporation: England and Wales.
- Registered number: 08781982
- Registered office: 2a Cope Road, Banbury, OX16 2EH, UK.
- Contact address: Shop Dixi Ltd, Globe House, 55 Calthorpe Street, Banbury, Oxon, OX16 5EX, UK
- Contact email address: email@example.com
- Other contact information: See our website / contact page.
- VAT number: GB 174886947