Friday Night Pub Quiz - THE ANSWERS
Posted on April 17 2020
1). In which US city was the sitcom ‘Frasier’ set?
2) What is the name of the song used in the opening credits of ‘Outlander’?
- The Skye Boat Song
3) Who played the iconic role of Basil Fawlty?
- John Cleese
4) Name the iconic crime TV series starring Angela Lansbury?
- Murder, She Wrote
5) Who played Daenerys Targaryen in Game of Thrones?
- Emilia Clarke
1) What was the name of ‘The Smiths’ first album?
- The Smiths
2) Who is Reginald Kenneth Dwight?
- Elton John
3) Name the lead singer of Evanescence
- Amy Lee
4) What is the best-selling album of all time?
- Thriller by Michael Jackson
5) Name the four members of Little Mix:
- Perrie Edwards, Jesy Nelson, Leighann Pinnock, Jade Thirlwall
1). Ted Hughes was married to which famous writer?
- Sylvia Plath
2) Who wrote ‘A Clockwork Orange’?
- Anthony Burgess
3) Which is the longest of Shakespeare’s plays?
4) Who lives at Number 4 Privat Drive?
- The Dursleys
5) Who wrote ‘Mrs Dalloway’?
- Virginia Woolf
1) Which actor played Lucius Malfoy in the Harry Potter series?
- Jason Isaacs
2) Who played the lead role in ‘Girl, Interrupted’?
- Winona Ryder
3) Name the three movies in the Cornetto Trilogy
- Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, The World’s End
4) Who directed ‘Alien’?
- Ridley Scott
5) In total, how many movies appear in the ‘Saw’ franchise?
- 8/9 (One set to release this year)
1). How many of Henry VIII’s wives were called Anne?
- 2, Anne Boleyn and Anne Cleeves
2) In which year did the Battle of Waterloo take place?
3) In which century was William Shakespeare born?
- 16th Century
4) Which Apollo mission allowed Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin to walk on the moon?
- Apollo 11
5) In which city was RMS Titanic structured?
1) How many bones are there in a Sharks body?
- None, it’s entirely cartilage
2) How many golden stars feature on the flag of the European Union?
3) Which is the fifth planet from the sun?
4) How many Tarot cards are there in standard pack?
5) How many squares are there on a standard Scrabble board?
Name This Song
- Madness - House of Fun
- Darude - Sandstorm
- Steps - Summer of Love
- Vengaboys - We’re going to Ibiza!
- Iron Maiden - Number of the Beast
- Enya - Only Time
- Morrissey - Suedehead
- Slipknot - Disasterpiece
- Little Mix - Power
- Pink - Just Like a Pill
- Skindred - Nobody
- Disturbed - Down With The Sickness
- TLC - Waterfalls
- Simply Red - Stars
- Cher - If I Could Turn Back Time
- Queen - Another One Bites The Dust
- The Doors - Light My Fire
- Paramore - Emergency
- Demi Lovato - Skyscraper
- Ariana Grande - Breathin’