Dixi Makes - Christmas Tree Puff Pastry
Posted on December 22 2020
Ahwoo Dixi Fam,
As inspired by @rosielondoner (please check out her cute little video because it's a lot more aesthetic than mine below! P.S. this isn't a collab, we just want to share this awesome recipe!), come and make a super quick and easy and perfectly shareable Christmas treat with us! This literally takes less than half an hour, looks a lot more complex than it is, and it's even better when it's warm and fresh out of the oven!
Ready rolled puff pastry
Chocolate spread e.g. Nutella or vegan equivalent
Milk or your vegan equivalent
Optional extras can include chopped nuts, ground spices etc - use whatever you have lying around.
1. Preheat oven at 190c.
2. Unroll your pastry sheet and cut in half.
3. Lay one half of the pastry out onto a baking sheet covered in greaseproof paper. Cut into a triangle.
4. Cover in a layer of chocolate, and add any optional toppings.
5. Place second half of pastry over the top. Cut into a matching triangle so you have the basic tree shape.
6. Cut even strips up the side of your Christmas tree to make the branches.
7. Twist the branches - make sure the twists are in the same direction.
8. Brush the pastry with some milk, and bake in the oven for 15-18 minutes (or whatever is recommended for your puff pastry.)
9. Allow to cool for a few minutes, then enjoy!
Here's how mine turned out, and a time lapse demo if my instructions don't make sense!
Pro-tip - use more chocolate spread than I do in this video. Get that layer nice and thick!
We'd love to see yours so feel free to tag us #dixipack on Instagram!
Sending lots of warm and happy Christmas wishes to you all!
Love, The Dixi Girls xx